...

...

Friday, 24 June 2016

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...

Have you ever truly observed gyms and the people using these facilities? These massive rooms filled with equipment to shape the body that you live in, with no shortage of mirrors within which you can admire your progress. Most people in these places seem to spend more time in front of the mirror than they do actually exercising. 
Similarly I've come to notice that the people of this country (ok slight exaggeration here, but still more than any other country I have seen to date) have an unhealthy obsessions with mirrors. I have seen so many spend more hours admiring them selves in front of this reflective surface (or any reflective surface for that matter) than they do participating in life. How did humans become this way? Or were we always like this? When did we become so self obsorbed that we can no longer seem to notice the world around us. It's as if we fear that by pealing ourselves away from the images we have spent so long creating and believing...even if we were to take a moment away to do something that benifit one's self...we might loose the ability to enjoy life altogether. It's a sad realisation!  I will  now endeavour to spend as much time as I can looking out at the world rather than into reflective surfaces showing nothing but version of me that I want you to see...   
 

1 comment:

hailey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.