Through the last fortnight I've felt that my commitment to the boys And my purpose in the Philippines has really been tested.
I've witnessing the effects of the toxic cocktail of greed and pride as it sets its roots deep in to the hearts of human, entangling seemingly good people into a place of hatered and bitterness. It's been a fortnight of realising that no matter how much you give of your self there will always be those that want to drain your soul for more. There are times when my heart is filled with the kindness and gentleness...only to be drained a few seconds later by hostility and greed.
There have been times when I've been ready to throw in the towel and go home...but at those same time I'm reminded that there are the boys are still untouched by the toxic combo and genuinely want help. And they are worth fighting for. Tht ever important factor through these trying times has been to stay reminded of WHY you are on this journey, and WHO it is you are actually here to benefit.
I have been greatful for my friends who have played a BIG part in pulling me thru the trying times. For having stayed true to their word and remained the voice inside my head (or more rather my ear), reminding me of the facts I had forgotten or become blinded to in times of hardship and despair. For reminding me of the sunlight at the end of the tunnel. For Reminding me of all the things I have achieved in 2 short months here...things that seemed almost impossible to achieve back when I had made the decision to try. For reminding me that though the ghosts of the pain and sacrifice may be dominating, the sparks of change being created are stronger, and bound to become bigger and brighter that the present darkness.
...and the Cat, she never managed to run away with the bowl. The bowl was too big to fit through the window. A million pieces of glass lies scattered over the tiles... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment