- The smell of fresh clean laundry:
Still warm from the afternoon sun, wearing that beautiful smell of Calamansi.
When you are living out of a backpack you learn to really appreciate laundry day.
Despite only owning 6 sets of clothes, "too many clothes" seem to have become a problem again :P
- That sweetened refreshing taste of an "Ice candy":
A Filipino frozen treat made of sweetened coconut juice.
The happiness it spreads as I share this treat with the little kids.
- Rain after a tropical summers day:
Everything about the rain is welcoming after the scorching heat of the tropics.
The smell as it settles the blanket of dust and pollution.
The peaceful rythemic belting on the rooftops.
The temperature that encompasses you so you rest.
I love seeing the boys beam with pride as they ask me to join them to tea so I can try their cooking.
And I LOVE food :)
I never thought I'd crave veggies so much, I actually can't wait for the day when I can safely say no to meat or rice again and live off just vegetables.
- Holidays aren't complete without your Friends:
25 days till one of my close friend arrives. I haven't been more excited about a visit from a friend before. Somehow living with the responsibilities of an adult really makes you crave free time, but when you get this free time you realise what you really were longing for was not free time after all but time with your closest friends.
I have depended on this miracle food to get me though so many bowls of rice already :)
And the list goes on... But I'll just leave you here with a picture of my mega-sized "ice candy" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment